- Preparation of Spatial Plans at State, District and Local level (State Perspective Plan, District Development Plan, Master Plan, DTP Scheme)
- Statutory Approvals and concurrences for constructions and land developments as per KMBR 1999, KPBR – 2011 and Town Planning Schemes in force.
- Advise the LSGIs and Government on matters related to spatial planning and sustainable development of settlements.
- Drafting legislations and Government Policies on settlement planning and development.
- Nodal agency of the Centrally Sponsored Schemes of preparation of GIS based Master Plans under AMRUT
- Technical Secretariat of the Art and Heritage Commission
- Act as the Spatial Planning wing of the DPC.